And now for the binding..
Firstly, I sewed a zig zag or overlock stitch all the way around the edge of the quilt before adding the binding. I saw this recommended on one of the many websites/blogs that I visit and it really is worth doing as it makes it much easier to handle the edges when adding the binding.
To make the binding I cut the strips at 2 inch wide and then stitched them together to get one long continuous strip. I used the same fabric for the binding as I used for the backing.
After putting one strip on top of another…
I cut the edge to make sure it is straight…
then right sides together at 90 degree angle….
then I drew a diagonal line from top left to bottom right…
then pinned …
then stitched along the drawn line..
quarter inch seam allowance identified..
seam allowance removed..
opening the seam using my little roller gadget….
strips folded and ironed ready to use..
mitred binding stitched on the back first..
I then brought the binding to the front and machine stitched it on.
The next task was to make and attach the label.
Until the next installment…
Thanks for stopping by….